The South England Conference seeks to appoint an Administrative Secretary.
Based at our Watford office, this position is to provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Conference President in an efficient manner. We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate a high level of initiative and motivation with a proven secretarial/administrative work experience and ethic. The post holder will be responsible for implementing and maintaining good administrative systems as well as ensuring records are kept in good order and stored according to the Data Protection Act (1998).
The successful candidate is required to commence with immediate effect.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- • To answer enquiries from both church members and the public concerning the department and to respond to routine requests for information or materials
- • As directed by the President, to participate and support the following programs: Camp Meeting, Conference Session, Workers’ Meetings
- • Processing mail
- • Preparing materials for Committee Meetings chaired by the President
- • Co-ordinate appointments
- • Receive and entertain guests to the department, including the Conference Executive Committee
- • Co-ordinate and supply when requested: Baptismal certificates and inserts, baptismal books (Fundamentals of Adventist Faith) and baptismal gowns to churches/groups
- • To maintain accurate records
- • To make enquiries and arrange the booking of venues for training activities, courses and related meetings and process delegate applications, allocations and payments
- • To word process a range of documents, including letters, agendas, minutes, reports, timetables, schedules, flyers and course materials. Ensuring materials developed reflect the needs of the department and audience
- • To create and maintain databases specific to the needs of the department
- • To organise meetings as directed, including room bookings, sending out letters of invitation and confirmation to attendees and providing refreshments and hospitality
- • To assist the President as required to research, formulate and execute Departmental plans and events and to ensure the smooth running of the Department
- • To teamwork with other secretaries, departmental directors, workers or volunteers as necessary in the fulfilment of this role and the strategic plan
- • To assist as indicated on the rota with reception duty lunch cover
- • Perform such other duties as requested by the President or Administration
The role will require the following qualifications and skills:
- • Previous proven experience in working as a secretary, or in office administration
- • ‘A’ Level or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- • Accurate typing, word processing and data base skills are essential
- • Creative and design skills and an eye for detail
- • An empathy with the work, values and ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- • The ability to build strong relationships with members of the public, church members and other work colleagues
- • Flexibility and the willingness to adapt to constantly changing routines as well as the ability to work alone and meet deadlines
- • Being methodical and well organised
- • Experience of responding to queries directly
- • Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters
- • Excellent communication skills
Depending on qualification and relevant experience, salary which includes London Weighting will be up to £28,162.00 per annum. Applicants are required to have the right to work in the UK and to complete an application form. All successful applicants will be required to have satisfactory medical and Disclosure and Barring Service checks before they can be appointed.
For an Application Form and Job Description/Person Specification, please telephone Anna McLarty on: 01923 232 728 or e-mail: email@example.com
Privacy Notice: As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
The South England Conference is an Equal Opportunities Employer.