Volunteer at Watering Hole Church Plant
A volunteer is required from Mid December 2018 for up to two years
Based at our Watering Hole church plant, 16 Fontwell Close, Calmore, Southampton SO40 2TN, the South England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists is seeking a Religious Worker volunteer.
The Watering Hole requires someone to assist with the indigenous majority population of approximately 23,000 in an area where there are no established SDA churches. Housing and stipend will be available for the right candidate.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of involvement in working to plant churches where people are resistant to Jesus. Ideally, we are looking for a female applicant due to the need to work as a mentor with teenage girls and young women.
In addition, we require the successful applicant to have the following qualities:
• A strong and healthy spiritual life
• A knowledge and understanding of the Bible and how to apply it to people’s lives
• A willingness to think “outside the box”
• Strong leadership skills
• The ability to lead out in Bible studies and small groups (Life Groups)
• An ability to relate to all people groups and initiate conversations
• Able to work and relate well with young people and children
• A willingness to use creative skills in reaching people
• Sporting ability - particularly roller blading and volleyball
• Skill on the guitar combined with a good singing ability
• Excels at handicrafts
• An ability to cook for large groups
• A willingness to teach healthy cooking classes
• Drawing/prop building talent
Other qualities and characteristics:
• A passion for people
• An extravert personality
• A great sense of humor
• Passion for missional evangelism
• A thorough understanding of the doctrines of the Seventh-day Adventist church
• A willingness to become part of the community in which the Watering Hole is based
• The ability to work independently and equally well as a team player
The successful applicant is required to be a willing team player and practicing and baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist church. This full-time opportunity is to volunteer for up to a period of two years with an annual personal allowance amounting to £3,600.00.
Please forward CV and covering letter for the attention of Pastor Rosemary Lethbridge at: email@example.com
The closing date for application will be 15th October 2018